Job Position: INTERNAL AUDITOR – ASARECA
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR ASARECA
Reporting technically to the Audit Committee of the ASARECA Board of Directors and administratively to the Executive Secretary, the job holder will be responsible for providing advisory technical input on the policies and procedures within the institution for all aspects related to Auditing.
The job holder will lead ASARECA’s audit function, direct and coordinate audit work on the various operating systems of the Secretariat, to provide assurance to Management and the Board on compliance to policies, procedures, rules, regulations and standards; and to ensure that assets and resources protected, effectively and efficiently utilized to fulfill the institutional goals and objectives.
Duties and responsibilities:
Review of Internal controls
- Review and appraise the soundness, adequacy and application of internal controls in the operating systems and sections of the Secretariat.
- Discuss findings and recommendations with auditees.
- To inform the Executive Secretary on fiduciary controls and report findings and recommendations to the Audit Committee.
- Compile quarterly and annual reports with all the audit findings and present the same to the Audit committee of the Board.
- Carry out follow up on implementation of action plans as well as internal and external audit recommendations
- Review the risk profiles developed by the different programs/project/support function sections.
- Provide assurance that the risks to the organization are understood and managed properly.
- Evaluate that risks identified by management are controlled to acceptable levels.
- Train all heads of programs/project/support function sections on risk management.
- Check and ensure compliance to the organizations anti-fraud policy
- Provide assurance to the management and the Board that fraud controls are sufficient for identified fraud risks and ensure that the controls are functioning effectively.
- Carry out investigations for suspected cases of fraud, prepare reports and make necessary recommendations to management.
- Prepare flash reports to update the Audit Committee on any exceptional occurrences that may require investigation.
Auditing Contracts under Partnership framework
- Prepare audit plans and produce audit programs for audit of ASARECA partners.
- Visit ASARECA partners to check compliance to contracts/agreements, adequacy on internal controls, reliability and integrity of financial and operating information and that the objectives are being achieved.
- Prepare a work plan for the year.
- Identify auditable areas based on the risk profiles submitted by the various programs/project/support function sections and major audit findings.
- Prepare an Annual budget for audit.
- Liaise with external auditors of the Secretariat on issues raised.
- Develop strategic plan for the Internal Audit function
- Review and update existing audit programmes as per the new developments in the policies and procedures
- Bachelor in Business Administration/Commerce, Finance/Accounting
- Masters in Business Administration, Finance/Accounting is an added advantage.
- Professional qualification (IIA, CIA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA) and membership to professional body is a must.
- At least 5 years working experience in auditing at senior managerial level working in a donor funded organisation preferably with an International NGO particularly those addressing agriculture and those applying partnership approaches is desirable
- Knowledge of applicable donor rules and regulations such as for USAID, World Bank, DFID, EU
- Experience in setting up and managing donor compliance monitoring systems, developing and implementing relevant tools
- Experience of training and transferring skills to other staff members (workshop and one-to-one coaching)
Personal skills and attributes
- Strong audit skills
- Excellent interpersonal, management and team development skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to hold staff accountable
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to demonstrate error-free writing
Aspiring candidates should send their application in confidence to the address below by 5:00pm Monday 14th August 2017. The application should indicate the job title on the subject line and send (by post or email) your application letter and curriculum vitae (as one PDF document) containing details of your qualifications, experience, present position, current and expected remuneration as well as copies of professional/ academic certificates (as one PDF document). Include day and evening telephone numbers, email address, names, addresses and telephone numbers of three professional references to:
Head of Human Resources and Administration
Plot 5 Mpigi Road
P.o.Box 765 Entebbe, Uganda
E-mail: [email protected]
ASARECA is committed to the ethics of equality; gender equality, diversity, inclusion and non-discrimination in all its requirement.