Job title: Accounts assistant – Uganda Episcopal Conference
Job title: Accounts assistant
Roles: the primary responsibilities of the position is to ensure and provide timely and accurate reviews of partner quarterly budgets, expenditures, post account allocation for all PH advance accounts, build capacity of lower level supported health units in financial management in line with donor requirements.
Reports: finance & compliance officer/accountant for the project office
- Receive and revise cash forecasts from the sub-recipients and counterparts to ensure they are in line with the approved grant budgets and monitor partners’ budgets throughout the year.
- Assist health facility staff in developing grant budgets that align with their work plans.
- Conduct financial reviews for sub-recipients (partners) to evaluate compliance with UCMB & RHSP and donor regulations.
- Timely and accurate verification of sub recipient advances and liquidations of HIV/AIDS related activities ensuring that all expenses are coded to the appropriate account codes, expenses are within budget and are adequately supported and are authentic.
- Provide general capacity building to counterparts in areas of budgeting, broad financial management and programmatic maters.
- Assist the project accountant with month end reporting
- Review all substantiating source documentation to ensure that they comply with GAAP, A-122, all relevant USG regulations, and RHSP agreement terms.
- Conduct reconciliation and monitoring of the grant data entered in the accounting software to ensure accuracy in cost charging.
- Prepare payment requests, vouchers for accuracy and completeness for payments
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations and submits to project accountant for review
- Ensure compliance with donor rules and regulations
- Review and process cash advances for partners
- In close collaboration with administrative assistant oversees the arrangement of staff and visitors’ travel within and outside the region.
Qualifications, experience & abilities
- Bachelors in business administration, bachelors in humanities with a diploma in secretarial work; a professional qualification in accountancy, administrative secretarial qualification is an added advantage.
- At least three years’ work experience in a busy setting and experience in health related organization or NGO operations, regulations and compliance issues.
- Computer literacy with competency in MS word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, internet, photocopying
- Team player with excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- The person must be able to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at a time and work effectively with colleagues from different backgrounds
- The position may occasionally demand working on weekends.
Qualified and interested individuals should submit their applications and resume together with three reference letters from previous employers to the:
Office of the secretary general- Uganda Catholic
Secretariat Hanlon Building- Nsambya Hill
Hanlon Road not later than 7th August 2017 at 5pm.