Job Title: Chief Pharmacist, National medical store
Job Title: CHIEF PHARMACIST
Reports to: General Manager
Salary Scale: Grade2
Duty Station: Entebbe
Job Purpose: Will be the Chief Pharmacist in charge of NMS, ensuring high standards of quality of commodities at the time of procurement, warehousing and distribution, in compliance with pharmaceutical requirements and best practices, and to meet expectations of the end user.
Responsible for: Quality Control Officer and Quality Assurance Officer
KEY RESULT AREAS
A. QUALITY CONTROL
1. Develop systems to ensure that quality of medicines and medical supplies is consistent with approved quality standards.
2. Development and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures and systems, record forms and other documentation related to all areas of procurement, inventory control, storage, security, drug information monitoring and evaluation.
3. Ensure that regular random sampling and quality checks on products supplied to NMS is Carried out.
4. Analyze reasons for poor quality, with the aim of minimizing the incidence of this problem.
5. Liaising with NDA and other relevant bodies in ensuring that analysis of products is carried out as required.
6. Develop Quality Assurance Systems throughout the supply chain to ensure quality of medical commodities from source to end user.
7. Ensure that drugs and medical supplies procured are of acceptable quality, by ensuring that inspection of products prior to their receipt into NMS’s Warehouse is conducted
8. Defines categories of products and how many batches to be analysed per month.
9. Ensure quality of supplies received by NMS and those delivered at facilities.
1) Managing Quality Management Systems (QMS) as a Management Representative ensuring ISO 9001:2008 Audits and Management Reviews are carried out in time to ensure continued NMS Certification.
2) Ensure that customers’ complaints relating to poor quality products are investigated and responded to and ensure proper management of any recalls.
3) Coordinate Supplier Audits and Post Distribution Surveillance activities to ensure that integrity of product is assured before procurement and after distribution
4) Ensure safe disposal of expired and obsolete medical commodities
5) Conduct technical evaluation of Health Products procured by NMS
6) Implementing recall procedures if necessary
7) Monitoring QA aspects of warehousing practices for compliance with good warehousing practice with World Health Organization standards.
8) Ensuring quality of the results obtained from the Quality Control Laboratory by strict adherence to Good Laboratory Practices.
9) To identify any risk(s) noted during the course of execution of your duties and formally report to your immediate supervisor.
LIASION WITH NATIONAL DRUG AUTHORITY (NDA)
1) Collaborate with NDA on confirmatory tests regarding quality of medicines.
2) Producing certificates of analysis in liaison with NDA
3) Obtains certificates of clearance from NDA regarding medicines coming to NMS.
4) Liaison with NDA to get suitability of premises and all relevant permit for NMS operations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
1. A minimum of an Honors Degree of Bachelor of Pharmacy.
2. Must have a Master’s degree in Pharmaceutical Analysis.
3. A Post Graduate Qualification in Management shall be an added advantage
4. Must have a minimum of 8 years experience in Laboratory analysis of medicines and medical supplies.
5. 4 years experience at a senior management position
6. Must have knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) with good analytical, numerical and communication skills.
7. Must be Computer proficient.
National Medical Stores is an equal opportunity employer. All applications should be addressed to the Head of Human Resource and Support Services, National Medical Stores, P.O Box 16 Entebbe.
Applications should reach him not later than 5:00 p.m. on 11th September 2017.
ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.