Job Title: Driver – The Uganda Episcopal Conference
Job Title: Driver
Role: The driver will provide support to the administrative assistant in transport management and day-day transport activities for the UCM- Masaka Region project office Programs.
Reports to: The Administrative Assistant
- Driving office vehicles for UCMB business or authorized purposes in Masaka regions
- Securing and proper maintenance of vehicles, their tools and accessories
- Ensuring continuity of transport services by adhering to duty rosters
- Detecting mechanical faults of vehicles and reporting them for appropriate action
- Entering mileage and other entries in the log books
- Ensuring assigned vehicles have up to date vehicle registration and insurance
- Checking service schedules and ensuring service is carried out or service status is reported appropriately
- Checking vehicles to detect damages/faults at the completion of any long journey, and at weekly intervals.
- Ensuring that all vehicle documents are in order and up to date (log books, insurance, registration, clearance to operate etc.)
- Checking and ensuring that all vehicle tools are present and in order and that all necessary controls (oil, lubricant, fuel, and water) have been carried out before driving or releasing a vehicle for a long journey.
- Ensuring the UCMB vehicles are regularly kept clean and tidy both external and internally by ensuring prompt vehicle washing
- Ensuring absolute punctuality for duty and adhering to duty roster or instructions.
- A certificate of O’level and above is required
- A valid driving permit
- Additional training in defensive driving is an added advantage
- Work experience of not less than five years with a good track record
- Experience working with national or international organizations is added advantage.
- Non-alcoholic or individual who does not drink alcohol while on duty
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good time-keeper
- Good temperament and able to freely but respectfully and constrictively relate with people of all levels
- Flexibility and adaptability to readily accept any impromptu assignments or requirements to work outside normal duty hours
- Tidiness and courteousness with colleagues and office guests
Qualified and interested individuals should submit their applications and resume together with three reference letters from previous employers to the:
Office of the Secretary General- Uganda Catholic
Secretariat Hanlon Building- Nsambya Hill
Hanlon Road not later than 7th August 2017 at 5pm.