Position: Education Manager Stromme Foundation
Position: Education Manager
The education manager is a management position in the RO charged with overseeing the overall education strategy of stromme foundation eastern Africa. Reporting directly to the regional programmes manager, the education manager is responsible for advancing stromme foundations education goals, procedures and policies at the national regional and international levels inline with SF’s values, objectives, mission and vision. The education manager is also required to serve as a liason to local implementing partners, community representatives, local and central governments in the four countries of operation with regard to education programme policies, procedires, activities, operations and requirements and to facilitate the capacity building of local partner organizations in the field of education as a means of poverty alleviation.
- Coordinate, plan and organize the region’s education work
- Coordinate and facilitate selection, recruitment and development of partners implementing SF’s education programmes in eastern Africa region
- Network, advocate and lobby for vulnerable children and women with various governments, live minded NGOs and firms.
- Provide technical, strategic and administrative advice to other education staff, as well as partner and project staff, in the region
- Develop strategies, innovative processes and systems for strengthening the quality of basic education systems in poor and hard to reach communities
- Identify training needs and organize necessary trainings through hands on training at the partner level to build capacity of partner organizations to enable programme development in line with SF’s policies and cross cutting issues: gender equality, environmental sustainability and inclusion of people with disabilities.
- Develop and promote development education concepts among SF partners
- Contribute to the development of relevant policies for the region and education partners
- Provide technical and professional support for improving the quality of basic education for children at risk, to ensure increased access, retention and completion rates for children in schools
- Ensure that SF’s education work is developed and implemented in line with a rights based approach and intergrated with livelihood programmes.
- Develop and coordinate participatory and preliminary studies to establish good baseline data intiating new education projects, inline with SF’s strategy
- Promote sustainability through local resorce mobilization and local community participation in education projects.
- Ensure that SF education partners uphold SF’s Child protection policy.
- Individuals with a first degree in education, sociology, development anthropology, with long relevant experience in social development and management of community programs, preferably education related
- A relevant master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Atleast five years of experience from a similar position, preferably with an international NGO
- Identification with SF’s vision, mission, values and the agency’s development policy
- A creative/resourceful individual who possesses energy, self confidence, and flexibility and thrives in a dynamic multi-cultural environment
- Should have good analytic skills, good time management skills, the ability to multi-task and respond to the competing needs of many different constituents; bring fresh ideas and a genuine interest in trying new approaches
- Demonstrated understanding of development education concepts and experience in fundraising
- Should be a good player, passionate of development education concepts and experience in fundraising
- Should be a good team player, passionate of high intergrity , and articulate about rights based development approaches and social change
- Understanding of and familiarity with education and social rights issues in eastern Africa
- Knowledge of key stakeholders in the field at regional and national level
- Previous experience in grant-making and management
- Possess excellent people and mentoring skills
- Good written and verbal communication in English
- Proficiency with Microsoft office applications
- Should be willing to travel extensively locally and internationally
- Identify with SF values.
If you belive you fit for this profile, please send your application to”
The regional Director, Stromme Foundation,
Plot 25, Bukoto Street
P.o.Box 27200, Kampala
Or send by mail to: email@example.com