Position: ICT Officer Stromme Foundation
Position: ICT Officer
Reports to: Finance and Administration Manager
Duty Station: Kampala
SFEA seeks to recruit an ICT officer. The ICT officer is in-charge of developing and maintaining the stromme eastern Africa, information and communication technology and ensure that all users of the stromme local area network (LAN) and computers are compliant to the stromme foundation policy. The ICT officer is responsible for maintenance of computers and ICT equipment in the stromme foundation, Eastern Africa regional office in Kampala and sub offices in the region to enable all users to carry out their tasks efficiently and effectively. She/he is the focal person on all ICT related matters of SF eastern Africa striving to achieve zero down time in ICT related equipment. ICT officer is expected to take proactive steps to ensure that all ICT related equipment are running trouble free.
ICT officer relates on technical issues and networks ICT – team in Norway and relates to ICT manager on questions regarding ICT infrastructure, equipment, servers, software and maintenance of these ICT officer will be working in the global helpdesk together with all IT staff in SF.
- Elaborating the SF ICT policy and ensuring that is understood and complied with in all the regional operations and by all the staff in stromme eastern Africa.
- Routine maitainenace of SF computers and equipment in eastern Africa
- Investigate user problems, identify their source test and implement solutions
- Evaluate and recommend timely purchase of computers, network hardware, peripheral equipment and software
- Install, configure and undertake routine maintenance of SF computers, networks, file servers, network cabling and other related equipment, devices, and systems and ensure compliance to the SF ICT policy
- Perform and or oversee software and application development, installation and upgrades.
- Monitor and analyses ICT related trends in the office and region, and be the source of evidence based management decision support information.
- Maintenance of a virus free IT system in the region
- Regional internet and intranet management
- Various IT related support to staff
- Updating information on SF webpage and the SF intranet and office 365
- Identify training needs for staff and facilitate new learning for stromme staff on ICT issues.
- Diploma or a university degree in computer science, information technology or any related discipline
- Experience of at least three years in a similar ICT position
- Microsoft office 2013/16 and office 365 experience and preferably certification from Microsoft
- Microsoft SharePoint experience
- Experience with computer maintenance and setup of work stations, routers, printers etc.
- Experience with server networks
- Internal helpdesk experience for face to face, phone, email etc.
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Quick learner, responsive and self-driven
- Self-motivation with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A good trainer
- Be abreast of current technological trends
- Identify with the values of stromme foundations.
Send your application, curriculum vitae and copies of academic credentials and contacts of three referees by 3rd July, 2017 addressed to:
Finance and administration Manager,
Plot 25, Bukoto Street
P.o.Box 27200, Kampala
Or send by mail to: [email protected]