Uganda Jobs health – Records Officer (3) Mengo Hospital
Job title: Records Officer (3)
Job Category: Uganda jobs Health
Report to: Data Manager
Responsible for providing administrative support to the medical records department/section in day to day operations pertaining to release of patient information.
Key duties and Responsibilities
- Retrieval of patient’s files for scheduled appointments and their delivery throughout the hospital
- Collect cleared patient files from the wards/departments
- Review medical records for completeness
- Assemble records into standard order, and file records to designated areas according to applicable numeric filling systems.
- Update all files received from the ward into the records register
- Maintain continuity of work within the records department by documenting and communicating with the line managers on irregularities and continuing needs.
- Respond to requests for information from files in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Utilizing the facility automated software system to enter medical data
- Maintaining the confidentially of all medical records
- Providing technical expertise in identifying potential issues pertaining to medical records.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- A bachelor’s degree in library and information systems or in records and archives management from a recognized institution.
- A certificate in medical records is an added advantage
- Three years relevant working experience in the same position/role in a reputable organization
- High proficiency in computer skills and ability to use computerized patient administration systems
- Proper analytical, communication and interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
How to apply: interested applicants with relevant qualifications and experience should submit their application letters, detailed curriculum vitae and copies of academic certificates, professional membership certificates and addresses of three referees to the Medical Director, Mengo Hospital, P.o.box 7161, Kampala, not later than 5.00pm, Friday 30th June 2017.