Cold Chain Technician Job Uganda, NMS
Reference: NMS/ 2017/10
Job Title: COLD CHAIN TECHNICIAN
Reports to: Vaccines Stores Management Officer
Salary Scale: Grade 8
Duty Station: Entebbe
(i) To provide technical support and oversight for ensuring seamless up-time for cold chain equipment.
(ii) To ensure safe handling and storage of vaccines while adhering to established standards.
KEY RESULT AREAS/ACCOUNTABILITIES
1) To supervise picking and packing of vaccines.
2) To maintain temperature recording of cold chain that ensures quality assurance of vaccines as they come into stores
3) To supervise delivery of vaccines to health facilities
4) To supervise receipt of vaccines at health facilities
5) Develop daily, weekly, monthly and annual maintenance plans for cold chain equipment
6) Control maintenance activities through periodic checks, standard engineering practices, root cause analysis and corrective action for cold chain equipment
7) Drive independent maintenance practices for cold chain equipment
8) Provide on-job training in proper use and preventive maintenance of cold chain equipment for users
9) To undertake electrical and mechanical maintenance for faults identified on cold chain equipment
10) Assess the need for major engineering services on cold chain equipment to be outsourced
11) Ascertain that outsourced engineering services have been done to the satisfaction of the Corporation.
12) Manage inventory of work tools and consumables related to maintenance and repair job routines
13) Manage repair and maintenance costs within budget
14) To identify any risk(s) noted during the course of execution of your duties and formally report to your immediate supervisor
15) Any other duties as may be assigned.
1. An Honours Bachelor’s degree or Technical qualification at a level of Diploma in Cold Chain Management and Refrigeration or Ordinary Diploma in Refrigeration, Heat and Air Conditioning.
2. A minimum of 6 years hands-on experience in overseeing cold-chain systems.
National Medical Stores is an equal opportunity employer. All applications should be addressed to the Head of Human Resource and Support Services, National Medical Stores, P.O Box 16 Entebbe.
Applications should reach him not later than 5:00 p.m. on 11th September 2017.
ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Visit ugandajobs.online to browse for future Cold Chain Technician Job Uganda